10 Quotes That Empower Women
I love being a woman and surrounding myself with a diverse group of females of all ages, abilities, strengths, and goals. I think all women are capable of greatness and it is one of my life's missions to provide support for women wherever they are on their journey. Not every day will be the day of our dreams. Life can be challenging. I know first hand how we are pulled in different directions and often have to balance the competing priorities of being a mother, spouse, friend, daughter, and employee. We are conflicted daily with who to put first and struggle to prioritize caring for ourselves.
As a success coach and mindset mentor for ambitious people with ENORMOUS dreams, I've found that a lot of people, when feeling overwhelmed, do not know where to start to combat this feeling and end up being distracted by the mundane, unimportant tasks.
My goal is to help people reduce overwhelm, create space, and develop the mindset they need to succeed on their own terms in life and business without burning out.
Because burnout isn't pretty!
My greatist wish for women is that we have the courage to lead and make a difference in the world. To stand tall and speak our truth. To be heard. To be counted. To be brave in the face of adversity and to be bold in our actions. To teach empathy, compassion, and love through our relationships with others. To mentor women looking to grow and develop. My greatist wish for women is that we rise to our highest heights. But not at the expense of each other or those around us. I wish for us to "rise by lifting others." By lifting other women, our families, our friends, and our men. I want us to support our peers and our loved ones from a place of strength and selflessness because selflessness is not weakness. I want us to honor the divine within us and within each other. May we be blessed with the courage to teach our sons to be compassionate men and our daughters to be secure women. My greatist wish for ALL women is that we have the fortitude to "be the change we want to see in the world."
10 Quotes That Inspire Change and Empower Women:
- “I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren't all that different.” - Veronica Roth (Divergent)
- “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand
- “I work really hard at trying to see the big picture and not getting stuck in ego. I believe we’re all put on this planet for a purpose, and we all have a different purpose… When you connect with that love and that compassion, that’s when everything unfolds.” — Ellen DeGeneres
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead
- "Well behaved women seldom make history." - this quote has been attributed to a number of women including Marilyn Monroe and Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.” - Brene Brown
- “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default.” - JK Rowling
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Bonus because I think Brene Brown ROCKS! ---> “You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.”
Thank you for showing up every day and supporting me on my journey. YOU inspire me!
What women (historical or current) inspire you?